Human rhinovirus 3C protease (HRV 3C Protease) is a cysteine protease that recognizes the cleavage site of Leu-Glu-Val-Leu-Phe-Gln-Gly-Pro, commonly referred to as the PreScission SiteTM. It cleaves between Gln and Gly.
- How to Use Protease/s for Protein Proteolysis Protein Proteolysis refers to the use of hydrochloric acid to destroy peptide bonds between the amino acids that make up a protein. When carried out with proteases (also known as proteinases), which are enzymes, the process is termed proteolysis. Depending on how efficient the enzyme is or what links it breaks, the proteolysis can be limited or unlimited. Proteolysis can begin either from one end of the chain of amino acids that comprise the protein or somewhere in the middle of it. Unlimited proteolysis produces individual amino acids while limited proteolysis produces short chains of polypeptides.
- Non-ionic detergents contain uncharged, hydrophilic head groups that consist of eithermicelle polyoxyethylene moieties as in TWEEN and TRITON or glycosidic groups as in octyl glucoside and dodecyl maltoside. In general, non-ionic detergents are better suited for breaking lipid-lipid and lipid-protein interactions than protein-protein interactions.
- Irreversible, potent and highly selective inhibitor of cysteine proteases. Does not affect cysteine residues in other enzymes. Acts by forming a thioether bond with thiol of the active cysteine. E-64 will not inhibit serine proteases (except trypsin) inhibits activation-induced programmed cell death and restores defective immune responses in HIV+ donors. Specific active site titrant.
- Invasive phosphatases can contaminate research samples and slow or halt research progress, rendering time-consuming and expensive work useless.
- The method of detergent removal can be an important consideration. If dialysis is to be employed, a detergent with a high CMC is clearly preferred. Alternatively, if ion exchange chromatography is utilized, a non-ionic detergent (e.g. n-Octyl-Î²-D-Glucopyranoside, OG, O-1036 see structure,OCTYL-GLUCOSIDE DDM, D-1304) or a sulfobetaines.