Cancer Treated by Purifying Proteins Protein purification is a series of processes intended to isolate a single type of protein from a complex mixture. Protein purification is vital for the characterization of the function, structure and interactions of the protein of interest. The starting material is usually a biological tissue or a microbial culture. The various steps in the purification...
- Apoptosis, or cell suicide, is a form of cell death that is morphologically and biochemically distinct from necrosis. Although the concept of apoptosis was introduced 43 years ago (Kerr et al 1972), the mechanisms of how apoptosis is initiated and executed remained unclear until recently.
- MECHANISM The Wnt pathway involves a large number of proteins that can regulate the production of Wnt signaling molecules, their interactions with receptors on target cells and the physiological responses of target cells that result from the exposure of cells to the extracellular Wnt ligands. Although the presence and strength of any given effect depends on the Wnt ligand, cell...
- AG Scientific, Inc. was founded in 1997 in San Diego, CA with the purpose of Accelerating Scientific Discoveryâ„¢. We produce the most innovative and highest quality biochemicals available to the life science research & biotech manufacturing communities. We pride ourselves on working with innovative researchers from breakthrough discovery to large scale manufacture.
- Keyhole limpet hemocyanin is an extremely large, heterogeneous glycosylated protein consisting of subunits with a molecular weight of 350,000 and 390,000 in aggregates with molecular weights of 4,500,000-13,000,000.
- Oligomycin is an antibiotic that inhibits ATP synthase by blocking its proton channel (F0 subunit), which is necessary for oxidative phosphorylation of ADP to ATP (energy production). The inhibition of ATP synthesis would also stop electron transport chain. Because the high proton concentration build up is not dissipated, the free energy released by biological oxidation of substrates is not enough to pump any more protons against the steep gradient.