Irreversible, potent and highly selective inhibitor of cysteine proteases. Does not affect cysteine residues in other enzymes. Acts by forming a thioether bond with thiol of the active cysteine. E-64 will not inhibit serine proteases (except trypsin) inhibits activation-induced programmed cell death and restores defective immune responses in HIV+ donors. Specific active site titrant.
- Invasive phosphatases can contaminate research samples and slow or halt research progress, rendering time-consuming and expensive work useless.
- The method of detergent removal can be an important consideration. If dialysis is to be employed, a detergent with a high CMC is clearly preferred. Alternatively, if ion exchange chromatography is utilized, a non-ionic detergent (e.g. n-Octyl-Î²-D-Glucopyranoside, OG, O-1036 see structure,OCTYL-GLUCOSIDE DDM, D-1304) or a sulfobetaines.
- Biomarkers are substances, structures, or processes that can be measured in biological samples such as urine, blood, or saliva. A biomarker is a measurable characteristic in a biological system that changes due to disease, exposure to chemicals, or exposure to organisms.
- A.G. Scientific is a leading supplier of the immunosuppressant, FK-506 commonly known as Tacrolimus. It is well known for its ability to prevent allograft rejection after transplantation.FK 506 resized 600 A.G.Scientific has long been established as a leading research supplier in the field of fermentation derived secondary metabolites.
- PURPOSE: Some antibiotics were known to exert neuroprotective effects in the animal model of hypoxic-ischemic (H-I) brain injury, but the mechanism is still unclear. A recent study reported that geneticin (G418), an aminoglycoside antibiotic, increased survival of human breast cancer cells by suppressing apoptosis. We investigated the neuroprotective effects of systemically administrated geneticin via anti-apoptosis following the H-I brain injury.