Concern of spreading Ebola has been the hot topic in recent news. Latest reports on the disease involve the death of Dr. Martin Salia on Nov 17th 2014, a surgeon who contracted the virus whilst living in Sierra Leone, and who was flown to Nebraska to be treated.
- Cancers that become resistant to an important class of drugs might be made vulnerable by tweaking the immune system, a team led by UCSD researcher Napolene Ferrara has found.
- Nature, it turns out, is one big medicine cabinet. We can thank the willow plant for the salicin that turned into aspirin, and the poppy for the pain-killing powers of morphine. Even poison can become potions a viper's venom, for instance, is part of a powerful anti-clotting drug that can keep blood flowing instead of clumping up. Increasingly, such toxins...
- Immunosuppression involves an act that reduces the activation or efficacy of the immune system. Some portions of the immune system itself have immuno-suppressive effects on other parts of the immune system, and immunosuppression may occur as an adverse reaction to treatment of other conditions.
- An immunosuppressant is any substance that performs immunosuppression of the immunedescribe the image system. They may be either exogenous, as immunosuppressive drugs, or endogenous, as, e. g., testosterone. When the immune system function is suppressed, there is an increased susceptibility to infectious diseases and cancers.
- A.G. Scientific is a leading supplier of the immunosuppressant, FK-506 commonly known as Tacrolimus. It is well known for its ability to prevent allograft rejection after transplantation.FK 506 resized 600 A.G.Scientific has long been established as a leading research supplier in the field of fermentation derived secondary metabolites.