Bafilomycins are a family of toxic macrolide antibiotics isolated from Streptomyces species. AG Scientific offers several high-quality bafilomycin products. Bafilomycins at AG Scientific Product Number Product Name B-1183 Bafilomycin A1 B-1185 Bafilomycin B1 B-1245 Bafilomycin B2 B-2535 Bafilomycin C1 B-2537 Bafilomycin D Bafilomycins in Cancer Research The most commonly used bafilomycin is bafilomycin A1 (Baf-A1). Baf-A1 is an autophagy inhibitor...
- Producing stem cells has always been a convoluted process. Thatâ€™s why the discovery of key transcriptional networks are helping to pave the way for new culturing methods and further advancements in the field of cell therapy (see also,Pluripotent Stem Cells â€“ What we know today) .
- Following more than four decades of intense research, scientists may be closer to deciphering the precise mechanisms at work in stem cell development and differentiation, a recent paper published in the Journal of Molecular Endocrinology reports. Stem cells control organ homeostasis, growth, and self-regulation. This is done by relying on a network of short-range, localized transcription factors (TFs). Transcription factors are a major effector of physiological changes and wield significant influence on stem cell behavior in many ways.
- In a study on how the ALK-5 inhibitor A-83-01 inhibits Smad signaling and epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition by transforming growth factor-Î², A-83-01 was synthesized and characterized a small molecule inhibitor. It is structurally similar to previously reported ALK-5 inhibitors developed by Sawyer et al. (2003) and blocks signaling of type I serine/threonine kinase receptors for cytokines of the TGF-Î² superfamily (known as activin receptor-like kinases; ALKs).
- Hypoxia-inducible factor-1 (HIF-1) is a transcriptional complex that is activated in response to hypoxia and growth factors. HIF-1 plays a central role in tumor progression, invasion, and metastasis.
- HPCs AND THEIR PROGENY The role of hematopoietic cells in tumor angiogenesis has recently received great attention. HPC from the bone marrow emigrate to the blood and tissues and differentiate to form cells of the innate and adaptive immune system. Tumor-infiltrating leukocytes can either protect against or promote tumor formation. The simplest example of the former is loss of immune...
- Solid tumors are complex â€œorgansâ€ of cancer cells and a heterogeneous population of hematopoietic cells, mesenchymal cells, and endothelial cells. The cancer stem cell model proposes that tumor growth and progression is driven by rare populations of cancer stem cells