Carbenicillin Disodium Salt
- MW:422.363 Da
- Appearance:White to off-white powder
Starting at $40.79
Carbenicillin Disodium Salt is a penicillin-derived β-lactam antibiotic that interferes with cell wall synthesis, primarily in gram-negative bacteria such as Pseudomonas aeruginosa, while showing low toxicity to plant tissues. Carbenicillin acylates the penicillin-sensitive transpeptidase C-terminal area by opening the lactam ring. This inactivation intercepts the cross-linkage of peptidoglycan strands, by impeding the third and last phase of bacterial cell wall synthesis. This prompts inadequate bacterial cell wall synthesis and causes cell lysis.
• Used in selection protocols over ampicillin due to its increased stability
• Used in genetic transformation applications to select for AmpR transformed cells
• Used to regulate bacterial growth in plants, yielding low regeneration frequencies
• Used as a gene selection antibiotic in plant biology utilizing the CRISPR/CAS9 system
Not for human therapeutic use or for medicinal purposes. For research applications only.
|Handling||Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use personal protective equipment as required. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapors/spray. Use with local exhaust ventilation. Corrosive hazard. Wear protective gloves/clothing and eye/face protection|
|UN #'S||Not Applicable|
|Packing Group||Not Applicable|