CNBr activated (Agarose) 4B
- Appearance:Liquid Suspension
Applications: Cyanogen bromide-activated 4B matrix is used for preparation of resins for affinity chromatography. Pre-activated medium is suitable for immobilization of ligands containing primary amines. Cyanogen bromide (CNBr) in base reacts with hydroxyl groups on 4B to form cyanate esters or imidocarbonates. These groups react readily with primary amines under very mild conditions; the net result is a covalent coupling of a ligand to the matrix.
- Reproducible, simple and reliable method for covalent immobilization of ligands containing primary amines.
- Multi-point attachment of many protein ligands, resulting in a chemically stable product.
- Mild coupling condition makes CNBr-activated matrix as the ideal tool for coupling enzymes and antibodies.
- Group to be coupled: -NH2
- Matrix: Separopore® 4B (agarose beads, 4%)
- Particle size range: 52 – 165 μm
- Molecular weight range: 6 x 104 – 2 x 107
- Binding capacity: 10 – 25 mg α-chymotrypsinogen / ml drained gel
- pH Stability: 2 – 11 (ligand dependent)
- Coupling conditions: pH 9 – 10, Temp: 4 – 25 ºC, Time: 4 – 16 h
- Storage: 2 – 8 °C
- Supplied as lyophilized powder (with additives for stabilization)
- 1g swell to ~ 5 ml