*IF >1GM HAZARDOUS BOX FEE APPLIED*
Cycloheximide is an antibiotic produced by Streptomyces sp. that activates against yeasts and fungi. It inhibits protein synthesis thru DNA translation arrest in eukaryotes. Cycloheximide also inhibits chain initiation and chain elongation by acting on 60S subunits of eukaryote ribosome.
• Used as an inhibitor to study cell-free protein biosynthesis in eukaryotes
• Used to block ribosome-dependent in vivo polypeptide synthesis
• Used in genome editing utilizing the CRISPR/Cas9 system
• Used to clear macrophages in atherosclerotic plaques
• Used to activate cumulus-free equine oocytes, and to have neuroprotective properties
Cycloheximide is in stock. Call for bulk quotations, typical lead for subdivision, packing and shipping larger quantities is 7-14 days. Research size order 100mg 250mg lead is shorter.
|Handling||Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use personal protective equipment as required. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapors/spray. Use with local exhaust ventilation. Corrosive hazard. Wear protective gloves/clothing and eye/face protection.|
|UN #'S||UN 2811|