ECH (Agarose) 4B
- Appearance:Liquid Suspension
- Affinity matrix for stable carbodiimide-based coupling of ligands containing amino groups.
- Ligands are coupled in a single-step procedure in the presence of a coupling reagent (not provided) which is a water-soluble carbodiimide, such as N-ethyl-N`-(3-dimethylaminopropyl) carbodiimide hydrochloride (EDC).
- The matrix provides a 10-atom spacer arm convenient for coupling of small ligands.
- No blocking reaction is necessary following the coupling reaction.
- Ideal for immobilization of small ligands stable in a low pH and containing primary amines.
- Coupling reaction can be carried out in organic solvent.
- Matrix active group: -COOH groups
- Matrix: 4B (agarose beads, 4%)
- Particle size range: 52 – 165 μm
- Molecular weight range: 6 x 104 - 2 x 107
- Group to be coupled: -NH2 groups
- Chemical linkage of ligand: Stable amide linkage
- Ligand density : 12 – 16 μmol carboxyl groups / ml drained matrix
- Spacer arm: 6-amino caproic acid, 10 atoms
- Coupling conditions pH 4.5 – 6, Temp: 4°C – 25 °C, Time: 1.5 – 24 h; organic solvents possible
- Storage: 2 – 8 °C