Epoxy activated (Agarose) 6B-CL
- Appearance:Liquid Suspension
- Used in coupling of hydroxyl, amino or thiol groups to 6B-CL via a 12-carbon hydrophilic spacer arm.
- Pre-activated medium for immobilization of ligands containing amino (primary or secondary), hydroxyl or thiol group.
- Ideal for immobilization of alkali-resistant small ligands such as peptides, amino acids and carbohydrates.
- Epoxy-activated 4B-CL is a pre-activated medium for coupling sugars and other carbohydrates via an ether linkage to a hydroxyl group.
- Medium has a long hydrophilic 12 atom spacer arm which makes it particularly suitable for immobilization of small molecules.
- Matrix active group: Epoxy
- Matrix: 6B-CL (crosslinked agarose beads, 6%)
- Particle size range: 52 – 165 μm
- Group to be coupled: -NH2, -OH, or -SH
- Molecular weight range: 6 x 104 – 2 x 107
- Chemical linkage of ligand: Ether
- Matrix spacer: 12 atoms (when ligands are coupled to free epoxy groups. Linkage is stable, uncharged ether)
- Coupling conditions: pH 9 – 10 (amino ligands), pH 11 – 12 (hydroxyl ligands), pH 7.5 - 8.5 (thiol ligands); Temp: 4 – 37 °C; Time: 16 h to several days; organic solvents possible
- pH stability: 2 – 11 (ligand dependent)
- Storage: 2 – 8 °C
- Supplied as lyophilized powder stabilized with lactose and dextran
- 1g swells to 3 – 4 ml