Glutathione (Agarose) 4B
- Appearance:Gel suspension
Reduced glutathione is covalently linked 4B for use in affinity purification of glutathione-S-transferase (GST) and GST-fused proteins. This product provides a one step purification method and permits rapid, mild and highly selective purifications of proteins containing glutathione binding sequences.
Glutathione Agarose 4B is prepared by covalently coupling glutathione to epoxy-activated 4% crosslinked agarose beads to form a stable thioether linkage. The coupling was optimized to give a high binding capacity of 5 mg or more of Glutathione-S-transferase (GST) per ml of wet gel. Bound GST –fusion proteins are easily displaced from the resin by elution with buffers containing reduced glutathione. Mild elution conditions preserve protein antigenicity and function.
- Ligand: Reduced glutathione (GSH)
- Matrix: 4B (agarose beads, 4%)
- Particle size range: 52 – 165 µm
- Molecular weight range: 6 x 104 – 2 x 107
- Matrix activation: Epoxy
- Matrix spacer: 12 atoms
- Ligand density: 5 – 10 mg GST / ml drained gel
- Binding capacity: 5 – 10 mg recombinant GST-tagged protein / ml drained gel
- pH stability: 4 – 13
- Storage: 4 °C – 30 °C
- Supplied as suspension in 20% ethanol
|Handling||Provide suitable ventilation. Wear any necessary personal protective equipment. Keep away from open flames, hot surfaces, and sources of ignition. Use spark-proof tools and explosion-proof equipment|