LDH Cytotoxicity Assay Kit
Canvax™ LDH Cytotoxicity Assay Kit offers a sensitive, reproducible & easy-to-use colorimetric method for cytotoxicity detection.
Lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) is a ubiquitous enzyme present in cytosol of a wide variety of organisms. Since LDH is a fairly-stable enzyme, it has been widely used to evaluate the presence of damage and toxicity of tissue and cells. Quantification of LDH has a broad range of applications. The measurement of this enzyme can be useful for estimating biomass, counting cells, and determining the health of cells and tissues. LDH is widely used for cytotoxicity testing of cultured cells as well as viability testing.
This assay kit uses the formazan dye INT as a colorimetric indicator of enzyme activity. LDH strips an electron from lactate which is transferred to NAD to yield NADH. The NADH subsequently reduces the INT which causes a color change from yellow to red. This colorimetric reaction can be measured at 490 nm.
Advantages & Features
• Ideal for High-Throughput Screening
• Colorimetric: measures LDH release by formation of colored product
• Fast and easy-to-use: simple one-step procedure
• Powerful: stable LDH enzyme activity as a cytotoxic marker
• Safe: non-radioactive
• For rapid determination of Cytotoxicity based on lactate dehydrogenase released into cell culture medium
• Evaluation of toxic compounds, toxins, detergents, environmental pollutants and physical treatment on cell lysis
• Includes materials for 400 assays: 20 mL LDH Assay Buffer, 4 mL Lysis solution, 20 mL Stop solution
Developed and manufactured by Canvax Biotechnology, S.L under contractual agreement for AG Scientific, Inc.