- Formula:C6H13NO4S • H2Oc
- MW:213.24 Da
- Appearance:White crystalline powder
MES monohydrate is a zwitterionic, N-substituted aminosulfonic acid Good’s buffer. This biological buffer is used to attain desired pH concentrations in buffers. It lacks the ability to form a complex with most metal ions, so it is employed as a non-coordinating buffer in solutions with metal ions.
It has been reported that MES monohydrate is used to mimic the acidic tumor microenvironment to observe the effects of acidification on lung cancer cell viability.
• pKa (20°C): 6.15
• pH range: 5.5 - 6.7
• Chloride (Cl): ≤0.01%
• Heavy Metals: ≤0.0010%
• Insoluble Matter: Pass (Filter Test)
• Iron: ≤0.0010%
• Loss on Drying: 7.0 - 10.0%
• pH: 2.5 - 4.0
• pKa @20°C: 6.02 - 6.25
• Solubility (10% solution in water): Clear
• UV Absorbance 250nm in 10% water: ≤0.05
• Cell culture media
• Running buffer in electrophoresis
• Protein purification chromatography
• Buffered culture media for bacteria/yeast
Not for human therapeutic use or for medicinal purposes. For research applications only.
|Handling||Use only in area provided with appropriate exhaust ventilation. Keep away from heat and source of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate residue under fume hood. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not breathe dust.|
|UN #'S||Not Applicable|
|Packing Group||Not Applicable|