- Formula:C16H18N2OS • HBr
- MW:367.30 Da
- Appearance:Off-white solid
Pifithrin-α Hydrobromide is a chemical inhibitor of p53 that protects mice from the side effects of cancer therapy. It reversibly blocks p53 dependent transcriptional activation and apoptosis.
• p53 Mediates Nontranscriptional Cell Death in Dopaminergic Cells in Response to Proteasome Inhibition
• p53 Down-Regulates Phosphatase and Tensin Homologue Deleted on Chromosome 10 Protein Stability Partially through Caspase-Mediated Degradation in Cells with Proteasome Dysfunction
• Histone Deacetylase Inhibitor-Mediated Radiosensitization of Human Cancer Cells: Class Differences and the Potential Influence of p53
• Early Single Cell Bifurcation of Pro- and Antiapoptotic States during Oxidative Stress
Not for human therapeutic use or for medicinal purposes. For research applications only.
|Handling||Corrosive hazard. Wear protective gloves/clothing and eye/face protection. Handle in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety practice.|