PRImeDETECT™ Legionella spp Plus Detection Kit
PRImeDETECT™ Legionella spp Plus Detection Kit (Legionella spp & Legionella pneumophila) is an ideal tool for an fast and reliable amplification and detection of specific DNA fragments from Legionella spp and/or Legionella pneumophila by the real-time PCR method (Multiplex PCR).
The kit includes all reagents required in a comfortable ready-to-use Multiplex PCR MasterMix. The optimized MasterMix contains a buffer, dNTPs, Hot-start DNA Polymerase, DNA-free water, MgCl2 and an internal amplification control (IAC) whose detection indicates the absence of PCR inhibitors.
Primers and probes for the amplification of IAC as well as for the amplification of the target gene are included in the MasterMix. The probe for the detection of target gene is labelled with the FAM (Legionella spp) and HEX fluorochrome (L. pneumophila), whereas the probe for the detection of IAC is labelled with the CY5 fluorochrome.
In addition, the kit includes both positive control and negative control. The positive control is supplied to demonstrate that the PCR amplification is working efficiently with the supplied components. To confirm absence of contamination, a negative control reaction should be included every time the kit is used. Include DNAready Lysis Buffer to extract the DNA from the sample prior to PCR detection.
Advantages & Features
• Easy and ready-to-use kit
• Fast: results in less than 24 hours with minimal handling
• Reliable and highly specific results
• Amplification Limit: Legionella spp: 5 UG per reaction. L. pneumophila: 100 UG per reaction.
• Quantification Limit: Legionella spp: 50 UG/L. L. pneumophila: 1000 UG/L.
• Quantification Dynamic range: 5 logs
• Simultaneously detect and differentiate Legionella spp. and L. pneumophila in the same tube
• Inclusivity: Primers and probes have been tested satisfactorily in 14 strains of L. pneumophila and 30 species of the genus Legionella.
• Compliance: Manufactured according to ISO/TS 12869:2012.
• Exclusivity: No cross-reactions with other frequent bacterial agents have been observed.
• Detection: Probe labelled with fluorescent dyes– Legionella: FAM-BHQ1a; L. pneumophila: HEXBHQ1; IAC:CY5-BHQ2.
• Thermal Cycler: Agilent Mx3005P, Applied Biosystems 7300, 7500 and other cyclers.
*Developed and manufactured by Canvax Biotechnology, S.L under contractual agreement for AG Scientific, Inc.