PRImeDETECT™ Salmonella Plus Detection Kit
PRImeDETECT™ SalmonellaPlus Detection Kit (Salmonella spp & Listeria monocytogenes) is an ideal tool for a fast and reliable amplification and detection of specific DNA fragments from Salmonella spp by the real-time PCR method.
The kit includes all reagents required in a comfortable ready-to-use Multiplex PCR MasterMix. The optimized MasterMix contains a buffer, dNTPs, Hot-start DNA Polymerase, DNA-free water, MgCl2 and an Internal Amplification Control (IAC) whose detection indicates the absence of PCR inhibitors.
Primers and probes for the amplification of IAC as well as for the amplification of the target gene are included in the MasterMix. The probe for the detection of target gene is labelled with the FAM, whereas the probe for the detection of IAC is labelled with the JOE fluorochrome.
In addition, the kit includes both positive control and negative control. The positive control is supplied to demonstrate that the PCR amplification is working efficiently with the supplied components. To confirm absence of contamination, a negative control reaction should be included every time the kit is used. Include DNAready Lysis Buffer to extract the DNA from the sample prior to PCR Detection.
Advantages & Features
• Easy and ready-to-use kit
• Fast: results in less than 24 hours with minimal handling
• Reliable and highly specific results
• Amplification and detection of specific DNA fragments from Salmonella spp by the real-time PCR method
• Simultaneously detect and differentiate Salmonella spp and Listeria monocytogenes in the same tube
• Includes materials for 48 rxn: 1 x PCR MasterMix, 1 x DNAready Lysis Buffer, 1 x PCR Positive Control, 1 x PCR Negative Control
• Amplification limit: 10 UG per reaction
• Quantification limit: 20 UG per reaction
• Quantification dynamic range: 6 logs
• Inclusivity: Salmonella: Positive in 30 reference strains of food origin from the Spanish Type Culture Collection (CECT). Listeria: Positive in 48 reference strains of L. monocytogenes (serovars 1 to 7) from different collections.
• Exclusivity: Salmonella: Tested with 29 nontarget strains. Listeria: 100% Tested with 94 nontarget strains composed of 51 strains of Listeria nomonocytogenes and 43 strains of non-Listeria
• Detection: probe labelled with fluorescent dyes– Salmonella: HEX-BHQ1; Listeria: FAM-BHQ1a; IAC:CY5-BHQ2
• Thermal cycler: Agilent Mx3005P, Applied Biosystems 7300, 7500 and other cyclers
*Developed and manufactured by Canvax Biotechnology, S.L under contractual agreement for AG Scientific, Inc.