(61.8 mg/mL in water), Clear & Colorless, insoluble in MeOH
Boric Acid (also known as hydrogen borate) is a commonly used reagent in molecular biology for preparation of buffers. Boric acid shows some antibacterial and antifungal activity.
• Industrial: monofilament fiberglass manufacturing (textile fiberglass), production of LCD screens
• Capillary and gel electrophoresis: pH buffer
• Used in treatment of yeast infections and cold sores
• Anti-septic agent, highly diluted solution can be used as eye wash
• Insecticide: acts as poison affecting metabolism
Not for human therapeutic use or for medicinal purposes. For research applications only.
Research or further manufacturing use only, not for food or drug use.