Boric Acid (also known as hydrogen borate) is a commonly used reagent in molecular biology for preparation of buffers. Boric acid shows some antibacterial and antifungal activity.
- Industrial: monofilament fiberglass manufacturing (textile fiberglass), production of LCD screens
- Capillary and gel electrophoresis: pH buffer
- Used in treatment of yeast infections and cold sores
- Anti-septic agent, highly diluted solution can be used as eye wash
- Insecticide: acts as poison affecting metabolism
17.00 x 17.00 x 23.00
Research or further manufacturing use only, not for food or drug use.