Galactose (Agarose) 4B-CL is a high strength bioagarose matrix. Galactose 4B-CL is used in the purification of agglutinins, toxins, lectins, galactosidases and other galactose-binding molecules, N-acetylgalactosamine-binding proteins or carbohydrate-binding proteins. This purification method is milder and/or more specific than other methods, allowing protein recovery in a manner that preserves activity for downstream applications.
- Ligand: D-Galactose
- Matrix: 4B-CL (crosslinked agarose beads, 4%)
- Particle size range: 52 – 165 μm
- Molecular weight range: 6 x 104 – 2 x 107
- Chemical linkage: Covalent
- Binding capacity: >20 mg jacalin / ml drained gel
- pH stability: 4 – 9
- Flow specifications: 70 – 140 cm / h
- Supplied as a slurry in 20% ethanol
Not for human therapeutic use or for medicinal purposes. For research applications only.
Research or further manufacturing use only, not for food or drug use.