α-Lactose-6B-CL is used in protein chromatography, affinity chromatography and carbohydrate matrices. α-Lactose- 6B-CL has been used to study microneme proteins and host-parasite cell surface receptors. Lactose- 6B-CL may be used to isolate lactose binding proteins, such as lectins and glycoproteins.
- Ligand: Lactose
- Matrix: 6B-CL (crosslinked agarose beads, 6%)
- Particle size range: 52 – 165 µm.
- Matrix activation: Expoy
- Matrix attachment: Hydroxyl
- Matrix spacer: 5 atoms
- Binding capacity: 20 – 25 mg lectin from Arachis hypogaea / ml drained gel
- Storage: 2 – 8 °C.
- Suspension in 0.15M NaCl, 0.01M sodium phosphate, pH 6.8, containing 0.02% sodium azide
Research or further manufacturing use only, not for food or drug use.