The Plasma/Serum Circulating and Exosomal RNA Purification Maxi Kit (Slurry Format) provides a fast, reliable and simple procedure for isolating circulating RNA and exosomal RNA from various amounts of plasma/serum ranging from 2 mL to 5 mL. Free-circulating RNA and exosomal RNA in plasma and serum has the potential to provide biomarkers for certain cancers and disease states, and includes tumor-specific extracellular RNA in the blood. It provides an efficient method for the purification of all sizes of these fragmented free-circulating RNAs and exosomal RNAs from human plasma or serum.
Exosomes are 40 - 100 nm membrane vesicles, which are secreted by most cell types. Exosomes can be found in saliva, blood, urine, amniotic fluid and malignant ascitic fluids, among other biological fluids. Evidence has been accumulating recently that these vesicles act as cellular messengers, conveying information to distant cells and tissues within the body. The exosomes contain cell-specific proteins, lipids and RNAs, which are transported to other cells, where they can alter function and/or physiology. These exosomes may play a functional role in mediating adaptive immune responses to infectious agents and tumours, tissue repair, neural communication and transfer of pathogenic proteins. Recent work has demonstrated the presence of distinct subsets of microRNAs within exosomes which depend upon the tumour cell type from which they are secreted. For this reason exosomal RNAs may serve as biomarkers for various diseases including cancer. As the RNA molecules encapsulated within exosomes are protected from degradation by RNAses they can be efficiently recovered from biological fluids, such as plasma or serum.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Isolate all sizes of circulating and exosomal RNA - The kit allows for the isolation of all sizes of fragmented circulating and exosomal RNA, including microRNA.
- Fast and easy processing - Rapid spin column format allows for the processing of multiple samples in under 40 minutes.
- Versatile input volume - Isolate circulating and exosmal RNA from 2 - 5 mL of plasma/serum. No requirement for extension tubes when processing larger sample volumes.
- Concentrate circulating and exosomal RNA – Circulating and exosomal RNA present in input volumes of 0.25 - 5 mL are concentrated into final elution volume of 100 µL.
- Isolate inhibitor-free RNA - Purified RNA can be used in a number of sensitive downstream applications including reverse transcription qPCR, reverse transcription PCR, Northern blotting, RNase protection and primer extension, and expression array assays
Research or further manufacturing use only, not for food or drug use.