Ethanedioic acid; Oxalic acid potassium salt; Dipotassium oxalate hydrate
C2K2O4 • H2O
Potassium oxalate monohydrate is the monohydrate form of potassium oxalate. Potassium oxalate monohydrate is a strong dicarboxylic acid that forms naturally in many different types of plants and vegetables.
Also known as ethanedioic acid or oxalic acid potassium salt, it is produced in the body when glyoxylic acid or ascorbic acid is metabolized.
- Analytic chemistry: determine calcium content, heavy metals, and other reducing agents
- Water treatment
- Useful as a chelating agent
- Purifying agent in pharmaceutical development & manufacturing
- Precipitating agent for rare-earth metal processing
- Additional reading: Potassium Oxalate is a Super Reagent
Research or further manufacturing use only, not for food or drug use.