10% sterile-filtered solution in water of the Zwitterionic detergent CHAPS
CHAPS Zwitterionic, is a non-denaturing surfactant derived from cholic acid. The primarily use of CHAPS is in solubilization and purification of membrane proteins and other macromolecules. It can be removed from gels or protein solutions by dialysis across a membrane. It combines the features of bile salts and N-alkyl sulfobetaine. CHAPS behaves as a weak charged cation when in salt, but when in water or buffer it reacts as a nonionic surfactant. This product is 10% sterile-filtered solution in water of the Zwitterionic detergent CHAPS.
• For monitoring chemical reactions or protein-protein binding using UV/VIS spectroscopy
• For ion exchange chromatography and isoelectric
• For membrane permeabilization of cells
• As a component in denaturing buffer in enzyme characterization
• Concentration (w/v): 100 mg/mL
Not for human therapeutic use or for medicinal purposes. For research applications only.
Research or further manufacturing use only, not for food or drug use.