C6H13NO4S • H2Oc
Water (10% in H2O)
MES monohydrate is a zwitterionic, N-substituted aminosulfonic acid Good’s buffer. This biological buffer is used to attain desired pH concentrations in buffers. It lacks the ability to form a complex with most metal ions, so it is employed as a non-coordinating buffer in solutions with metal ions.
It has been reported that MES monohydrate is used to mimic the acidic tumor microenvironment to observe the effects of acidification on lung cancer cell viability.
• pKa (20°C): 6.15
• pH range: 5.5 - 6.7
• Chloride (Cl): ≤0.01%
• Heavy Metals: ≤0.0010%
• Insoluble Matter: Pass (Filter Test)
• Iron: ≤0.0010%
• Loss on Drying: 7.0 - 10.0%
• pH: 2.5 - 4.0
• pKa @20°C: 6.02 - 6.25
• Solubility (10% solution in water): Clear
• UV Absorbance 250nm in 10% water: ≤0.05
• Cell culture media
• Running buffer in electrophoresis
• Protein purification chromatography
• Buffered culture media for bacteria/yeast
Not for human therapeutic use or for medicinal purposes. For research applications only.
Research or further manufacturing use only, not for food or drug use.