[3-[(3-Cholamidopropyl) dimethylammonio]-2-hydroxy-1-propanesulfonate; Cholamidopropyl)dimethylammonio]-2-hydroxy-1- propanesulfonate
CHAPSO is a unique detergent with high CMC that solubilizes membrane-bound proteins in their native state. Zwitterionic detergent. Higher solubilty than CHAPS. Solubilizes membrane proteins in their native state. Solubilizes opiate receptor to a state exhibiting reversible binding of opiates. Purity > 99% by TLC. Conductivity < 50 micromhos in 10% solution.
- CMC (Water): ~8 mM (0.50%)
- Aggregation Number (Water): ~ 11
- pH (1% solution): 5-8
- Conductance (0.5M solution): < 100 S
- Percent fluorescence due to a 0.1% detergent solution at 345 nm: < 10
- Absorbance of a 1% detergent solution: 340 nm: < 0.02 280 nm: < 0.04 260 nm: < 0.06
Research or further manufacturing use only, not for food or drug use.