TurboNuclease is a recombinant form of Serratia macescens extracellular endonuclease produced in E. coli using a proprietary process. This nonspecific endo-nuclease hydrolyzes both single- and double-stranded nucleic acids (DNA and RNA) to 5-phosphorylated oligo-nucleotides of 1-4 bases in length.
TurboNuclease is a highly purified homodimer of 27 kDa subunits that has exceptional high specific activity and is free of protease activity. TurboNuclease is ideal to digest nucleic acids and to reduce viscosity during protein purification and sample preparation.
Formulation: 250 units/µl in 50 mM Tris-HCl, pH 8.0, 50 mM NaCl, 5 mM MgCl2 and 50% Glycerol
- Reduces viscosity of cell lysate and reduce back pressure of column loading
- Removes nucleic acid contamination from sample preparations, reduces nucleic acid contamination of Ni column purifications
- Reduces smearing in SDS-PAGE when used with 10%SDS or Gel Loading Dye to make whole cell lysates
- Reduces or prevents clumping of concentrated cells and thawed cells
- Replaces crude DNase I in many applications
Research or further manufacturing use only, not for food or drug use.