DMSO @ 25 mg/mL, DMF @ 20 mg/mL, EtOAc @ 5 mg/mL
KT5823 is a gamma-lactam protein kinase inhibitor that acts on cGMP-dependent kinase activity. KT5823 inhibits cGMP-dependent kinase activity only in an in vitro context and has never been demonstrated to exert the same inhibitory effect in vivo. Indeed, one prominent study of the effects of KT5823 in both intact human and rat cells suggests that the inhibitory effect of this kinase inhibitor may be confined to the in vitro domain.
Despite its apparent lack of in vivo activity, KT5823 has been used widely in biomedical research to establish the role of cGMP-dependent kinase activity in various cellular processes. It has also been used as a reagent in pharmacological research pertaining to hormone-induced NIS expression
• Staurosporine-related protein kinase inhibitor
• in vitro inhibitor of cGK
• Inhibits cGMP-dependent protein kinase activity in vitro but not in intact human platelets and rat mesangial cells
• Shown to increase thyroid-stimulating hormone-induced Na+/I- symporter expression, and thus iodide uptake in thyroid cells
• KT5823-mediated effects on Na+/I- symporter activity and glycosylation are also observed in breast cancer cells as well as human embryonic kidney cells expressing exogenous NIS
Not for human therapeutic use or for medicinal purposes. For research applications only.
Research or further manufacturing use only, not for food or drug use.