Streptavidin (Agarose) 4B
- CAS:9013-20-1; 9012-36-6
- Appearance:Liquid suspension
- Affinity matrix with immobilized Streptavidin by CNBr activation coupling method.
- The base matrix is a rigid, highly cross-linked beaded agarose with high chemical stability.
- The immobilized streptavidin binds biotin and biotinylated substances and can be used for affinity chromatography applications.
- The interaction between streptavidin and biotin is very strong and requires denaturating conditions for elution, which may destroy both the ligandand the sample.
- Strptavidin- 4B is extremely useful for exploiting either the strong interactions of biotin and streptavidin or the somewhat weaker interactions of 2-iminobiotin and streptavidin.
- It can be used in the purification of antigens, where biotinylated antibodies are incubated with antigen. The biotinylated antibody-antigen complex binds to Streptavidin Separopore from which the antigen can be eluted.
- Ligand: Native Streptavidin (from Streptomyces avidinii)
- Matrix: agarose beads, 4%
- Particle size range: 52 -165 µm
- Matrix activation: Cyanogen bromide
- Ligand density: 2 mg streptavidin / ml drained gel
- Binding capacity: >20 µg biotin / ml drained gel
- Exclusion limit: ~ 2 x 107
- pH stability: 3 – 10
- Binding buffer: 50 mM ammonium carbonate, 0.5M NaCl, pH 10
- Elution buffer: 50 mM ammonium acetate, 0.5M NaCl, pH 4
- Supplied as suspension in buffered saline solution.
Streptavidin (Agarose) 4B is used in purification of membrane antigens in conjunction with biotinylated monoclonal antibodies, and DNA fingerprinting with streptavidin-coated plates. It is also applied to the isolation of cell-surface proteins that have been labeled with a cleavable biotinylation reagent, and to the isolation of cell-surface glycoproteins using biotinylated Concanavalin A.
Use only in area provided with appropriate exhaust ventilation. Keep away from heat and source of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate residue under fume hood. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not breathe dust.
|Handling||Use only in area provided with appropriate exhaust ventilation. Keep away from heat and source of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate residue under fume hood. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not breathe dust.|