Terrific Broth, Modified, Powder
- CAS:91079-40-2; 8013-01-2; 7778-77-0; 7758-11-4
- Appearance:Homogeneous, free flowing beige to yellow-beige
Enriched media for maintenance and propogation of E. coli and plasmid growth. Produces higher cell densities resulting in greater yields of DNA or recombinant problem. Glycerol is used as a carbon source with this formulation instead of glucose as it will not ferment to acetic acid.
pH (4.76% solution at 25ºC): 6.8-7.4
• Casein digest peptone: 12 g/L
• Yeast extract: 24 g/L
• Dipotassium phosphate: 9.5 g/L
• Monopotassium phosphate: 2.2 g/L
Not for human therapeutic use or for medicinal purposes. For research applications only.
|Handling||Use in a chemical fume hood, with air supplied by an independent system. Avoid inhalation, contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Avoid the formation of dust and aerosols. Use in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from sources of ignition. Avoid prolonged or repeated exposure.|