XTT Cell Proliferation Assay Kit
Starting at $219.30
XTT Cell Proliferation Assay Kit is an optimized, accurate and sensitive colorimetric assay that detects the cellular metabolic activities. During the assay, the yellow tetrazolium salt XTT (sodium 2,3,-bis(2methoxy-4-nitro-5-sulfophenyl)-5-[(phenylamino)carbonyl]-2H-tetrazolium) is reduced to a highly colored formazan dye by dehydrogenase enzymes in metabolically active cells.
This conversion only occurs in viable cells and thus, the amount of the formazan produced is proportional to viable cells in the sample. The formazan dye formed in the assay is soluble in aqueous solution and quantified by measuring the absorbance at wavelength 450 nm using a spectrophotometer. An electron coupling reagent, such as PMS (N-Methylphenazonium methyl sulfate), can significantly improve the efficiency of XTT reduction in cells.
Advantages & Features
• Accurate: dye absorbance is proportional to the number of cells in each well.
• Sensitive: assayed even in low cell concentrations.
• Fast protocol: results within 2-5 hours with minimal handling steps.
• Complete solution: includes all reagents needed for cell washing procedures.
• Safe: avoids radioactivity.
• Cost avoidance: allows performance directly in a microtiter plate.
• Spectrophotometric quantification of cell proliferation and viability in response to pharmaceutical, chemical, nutrients and environmental compounds
• High Throughput Screening
• Includes materials for 1,000 assays: 2 x 25 mL XTT Cell Proliferation Assay Kit Reagent, 1 mL Activation Reagent
*Developed and manufactured by Canvax Biotechnology, S.L under contractual agreement for AG Scientific, Inc.