- MW:924.091 Da
- Appearance:Yellow or orange powder
- Purity:≥750 µg/mg (Assay)
Amphotericin B is a polyene anti-fungal antibiotic from Streptomyces nodosus that non-specifically induces loss of low molecular weight substances from cells. It binds to sterols and disrupts osmotic integrity of fungal membranes, forming pores which leads to the leakage of essential ions, causing cell death.
• Amphotericin B is used to control contamination from fungi, viruses, and protozoa.
• Treatment of serious, life-threatening fungal infections. Not to be used for treatment of minor fungal infections.
• Beilstein Registry Number: 78342
• EC Number: 215-742-2
Additional Reading from AG Scientific
Not for human therapeutic use or for medicinal purposes. For research applications only.
|Handling||Protect from light and moisture. Packaged under inert gas. The pharmacological and toxicological properties of this product have not been fully investigated. Use caution when handling. Do not use this compound if you are not fully trained or are unaware of the hazards involved. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Use personal protective equipment as required. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapors/spray. Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use with local exhaust ventilation.|