Blasticidin S HCl Solution in HEPES buffer (10 mg/mL)
- MW:458.9 Da
- Appearance:Clear solution
Starting at $36.90
*AG Scientific's Blasticidin S HCl solution is a sterile filterate solution.*
Blasticidin S HCL is an aminoacyl nucleoside antibiotic isolated from Streptomyces griseochromogenes. It functions by inhibiting peptide bond formation at the ribosome in both eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells. It blocks hydrolysis of peptidyl-tRNA due to the large ribosomal subunit's increased affinity for tRNA. Blasticidin S HCL has two deaminase genes: BSD from Aspergillus terreus and bsr from Bacillus cereus, where resistance is shown converting Blasticidin S HCL into a nontoxic deaminohydroxy derivative.
• Used as a selection agent for bls, bsr, or BSD resistance genes
• Prevents cell culture contamination
• Effective in antiviral, antitumor, and antifungal properties
• New role in Genome editing utilizing the CRISPR/Cas9 system.
• Gene selection antibiotic
Concentration: 10 mg/ml in HEPES Buffer
|Handling||Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Use personal protective equipment as required. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapors/spray. Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.|