Cefsulodin Sodium Salt
- MW:554.53 Da
- Appearance:White-yellowish crystalline powder
- Purity:≥98.0% (HPLC)
Starting at $42.17
Cefsulodin Sodium Salt is a third-generation cephalosporin antibiotic used in CIN (Cefsulodin-Irgasan-Novobiocin) Agar. It displays a mechanism of action like many β lactam antibiotics through inhibition of cell wall synthesis by competitively inhibiting penicillin binding protein (PBP). Cefsulodin is used to study the effect of expression, binding, and inhibition of PBP1 on bacterial cell wall mucopeptide synthesis.
• Used for the treatment of surgical infections caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa
• Component of MI Agar used in water testing as a contamination control that inhibits the growth of bacteria other than E. coli
• Used in Cefsulodin-Irgasan-Novobiocin Agar, a selective media for the isolation of Yersinia enterocolitica.
• Cefsulodin’s longstanding application identifying Yersinia enterocolitica has a powerful new role in genome editing utilizing the CRISPR/Cas9 system
|Handling||Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use personal protective equipment as required. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapors/spray. Use with local exhaust ventilation.|