- Appearance:Lyophilized powder
Decontaminase™ (binuclease endonuclease) is synthesized from yeast cells with cloned gene encoding genetically engineered Serratia marcescens endonuclease. Decontaminase™ is an ideal alternative to Benzonase. It digests all forms of DNA and RNA, including single and double-stranded, linear, circular, and supercoiled.
Cleaves phosphodiester bond of nucleic acids. Produces 5' monophosphate terminated oligonucleotides 2-5 bases in length.
• Removes nucleic acids in biological products
• Reduces viscosity in cell lysates
• Pharmaceutical industry: eliminate nucleic acid contamination in vaccines and proteins
• Bioanalytical applications: ELISA sample preparation, chromatography, two-dimensional electrophoresis (protein mapping), and footprint analysis for improved resolution and increased sample recovery.
• E.C.: 126.96.36.199
• pH: 6-10, optimum pH 8.0
• Optimum temperature: 37ºC
• Temperature range of enzyme activity: 0-42ºC
• Specific activity: ≥ 1,000 kU / mg protein
• No products of animal origin used, no viral contamination
• Endotoxin free and protease free. Stable under harsh industrial conditions.
• Activators: 1~10 mM Mg2+
One unit of Decontaminase™ will digest sonicated salmon sperm DNA to produce acid-soluble oligonucleotides equivalent to a ΔA260nm of 1.0 in 30 minutes at pH 8.0 at 37ºC.
• ≥ 20 kU/mg lyophilized powder
• ≥ 250 U/μL buffered aqueous glycerol solution
Not for human therapeutic use or for medicinal purposes. For research applications only.
|Handling||Handle in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety practice. Store in tightly sealed container.|