- Formula:NH2C(NH)NH2 • HCl
- MW:95.53 Da
- Appearance:White crystalline powder
It is a strong chaotropic agent useful for the denaturation and subsequent refolding of protein. Guanidine Hydrochloride is an inhibitor of RNase. It can solubilize insoluble or denatured proteins such as inclusion bodies. The chaotropes also act on all proteins to unfold them and alter their three-dimensional structure.
• Used as protein denaturant in the purification and extraction of mRNA
• Acting as a strong RNase inhibitor
• Protecting cellular transcripts from degradation
• Useful in prompting the refolding of denatured proteins
• Recovery of periplasmic proteins
• Used in the isolation of RNA
Not for human therapeutic use or for medicinal purposes. For research applications only.
|Handling||Remove contaminated clothing immediately. Clean contaminated clothing. Thoroughly clean/dry the installation before use. Avoid raising dust. Keep away from naked flames/heat. Avoid contact of substance with water. Reduce/avoid exposure and/or contact. Keep container tightly closed. Carry operations in the open/under local exhaust/ventilation or with respiratory protection.|