* The Concentration of Hygromycin B in DI water is 100mg/ml
Hygromycin B is an aminoglycoside antibiotic effective against bacteria, fungi, and eukaryotic cells that are isolated from Streptomyces hygroscopicus. It is composed of amino groups attached to glycosides, that bind the 30s ribosomal subunits. This action causes the mRNA sequence to be misread, resulting in protein synthesis inhibition. Hygromycin B is also an antiviral agent, which works as a standard section antibiotic in gene experiments.
• Used to study protein synthesis
• Used in clinical in vitro tests known as antimicrobial susceptibility tests or ASTs to determine their efficacy against certain bacterial species
• Used as a gene selection antibiotic has a powerful new role in Genome editing utilizing the CRISPR/Cas9 system
• Used to inhibit translocation of mRNA and tRNAs on the ribosome in both bacteria and eukaryotes
Not for human therapeutic use or for medicinal purposes. For research applications only.
|Handling||Warning: Toxic! May be carcinogenic, may be teratogenic. Use only in area with appropriate exhaust ventilation. Protect from light!|
|UN #'S||UN 3462|