Poly(A) [Polyadenylic Acid]
- Appearance:White to off-white lyophilized powder
- Purity:≥98% by HPLC
Polyadenylic acid potassium salt, also known as Poly(A). Composed of a single-stranded polymer of polyadenylic acid.
The mass of this product consists of polymer, salt and water. To quantitate only the amount of polymer (excluding salt and water) in terms of mass, the product should be hydrated and an absorbance measured. The mass of polymer is then calculated form the absorbance using the conversion of 1 A260 unit equals 40 µg.
• Useful for precipitation of DNA and RNA
• Phosphorous: 2.3 ± 0.3 µmol P/mg
• Sedimentation Buffer: 0.015 M NaCl, 0.0015 M Sodium Citrate (pH 7.0)
• Ribonuclease Assay: Incubation with [3H]-RNA: not detectable
• For quantitation: 1 A260 unit of double-stranded polymer = ~40 µg
Ep, A260 nm: (10.0 ± 0.5) x 103
Ep, λmax : Report Value
A250/A260 : 0.91 ± 0.03
A280/A260 : 0.30 ± 0.02
*Measured in 0.1 M Tris-HCl (pH 7.0)
Warning: For research use only. Not recommended or intended for diagnosis of disease in humans or animals. Do not use internally or externally in humans or animals.
|Handling||Poly A should be hydrated with a neutral buffer. After reconstitution, the polymer should be stored at -20°C. Provide appropriate exhaust ventilation at places where dust is formed.Normal measures for preventive fire protection.|