- MW:464.6 Da
- Appearance:Off-white powder
Ponasterone A is an off-white powder that is part of the ecdysteroid family. It has properties that are similar to muristerone A. It is a steroid hormone in insects that plays a role in regulating metamorphosis. Ponasterone A is a powerful gene expression regulator that rapidly activates and deactivates reporter genes in cells and transgenic organisms.
Ponasterone A is an ecdysone A analog and can function as an economical and reliable substitute for muristerone A. It acts as an ecdysone-inducible mammalian expression system inducer. It is a very bioactive ligand in vivo, displaying continual release and transgene expression.
• Regulation of gene expression
• Can increase cell number at G1 phase while also inhibiting cell growth
• Enables reporter genes to be turned off and on rapidly
• Researchers have used Ponasterone A for studies on iron-related conditions, various cancers in humans, and neurodegenerative diseases
|Handling||Use only in area provided with appropriate exhaust ventilation. Keep away from heat and source of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate residue under fume hood. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not breathe dust.|