Potassium Oxalate Monohydrate
- Formula:C2K2O4 • H2O
- MW:184.23 Da
- Appearance:White crystalline powder
Potassium oxalate monohydrate is the monohydrate form of potassium oxalate. Potassium oxalate monohydrate is a strong dicarboxylic acid that forms naturally in many different types of plants and vegetables. Also known as ethanedioic acid or oxalic acid potassium salt, it is produced in the body when glyoxylic acid or ascorbic acid is metabolized.
• Analytic chemistry: determine calcium content, heavy metals, and other reducing agents
• Water treatment
• Useful as a chelating agent
• Purifying agent in pharmaceutical development & manufacturing
• Precipitating agent for rare-earth metal processing
• EC Number: 209-506-8
Not for human therapeutic use or for medicinal purposes. For research applications only.
|Handling||Use only in area provided with appropriate exhaust ventilation. Keep away from heat and source of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate residue under fume hood. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not breathe dust|