GTP- is used for purification of GTP-dependent enzymes and proteins that bind nucleotides and related molecules. The GTP- 4B-CL resin comprises GTP attached to agarose beads via its γ-phosphate. A long hydrophilic spacer (14-atom) is used to minimize unwanted hydrophobic interactions and to facilitate unhindered interactions with biomolecules.
Linkage of GTP via the terminal phosphate means that the immobilized ligand cannot be removed by phosphatases in crude extracts. Affinity resins such as GTP- 4B-CL are been widely used for the purification of enzymes and other proteins that bind nucleotides and related molecules.
Supplied as lyophilized powder stabilized with lascose. 1 g will swell aproximately 5-7 ml
- Ligand: Guanosine 5`-triphosphate (GTP)
- Matrix: 4B-CL (crosslinked agarose beads, 4%)
- Particle size range: 52 – 165 µm
- Molecular weight range: 6 x 104 – 2 x 107
- Ligand density: 8 – 12 mM GTP / ml drained gel
- pH stability: 4 – 9
- Flow specifications: 70 – 140 cm / h
Research or further manufacturing use only, not for food or drug use.