It is a strong chaotropic agent useful for the denaturation and subsequent refolding of protein. Guanidine Hydrochloride is an inhibitor of RNase. It can solubilize insoluble or denatured proteins such as inclusion bodies. The chaotropes also act on all proteins to unfold them and alter their three-dimensional structure.
• Used as protein denaturant in the purification and extraction of mRNA
• Acting as a strong RNase inhibitor
• Protecting cellular transcripts from degradation
• Useful in prompting the refolding of denatured proteins
• Recovery of periplasmic proteins
• Used in the isolation of RNA
Research or further manufacturing use only, not for food or drug use.