- Formula:C22H29N7O5 • 2HCl
- MW:544.43 Da
- Appearance:White to off-white powder
- Purity:≥99% (HPLC)
Starting at $43.86
Puromycin Dihydrochloride is an aminoglycoside antibiotic that is isolated from Streptomyces alboniger. Puromycin acts as a protein synthesis inhibitor by incorporating itself into a polypetide chain that has been growing, causing it to prematurely terminate. Puromycin’s primary application is as a gene-selection antibiotic with an important role in gene-editing via CRISPR/Cas9.
This puromycin reagent, which is in the form of hydrochloride salt, has antineoplastic, antitrypanosomal, and antimicrobial properties. It is important to keep Puromycin Dihydrochloride stored in a tightly closed container in a well-ventilated and dry area.
• Selective antibiotic agent for cell culture systems, selection of mammalian cell lines
• Protein synthesis inhibitor
• Studies of regulatory mechanisms which control specific gene functions during cell differentiation
• Can be used for specific types of cancer therapy
|Handling||Use only in area provided with appropriate exhaust ventilation. Keep away from heat and source of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate residue under fume hood. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not breathe dust.|
|UN #'S||UN 2811|