AG Scientific is a leading supplier of Calcium Ionophore I (CA 1001). Here we review some of the most frequently asked questions about this powerful ionophore.
Calcium Ionophore I: Frequently Asked QuestionsAG Scientific is a leading supplier of Calcium Ionophore I (CA 1001). Here we review some of the most frequently asked questions about this powerful ionophore. What is Calcium Ionophore I? Calcium Ionophore I (CA 1001) is a neutral ionophore with very high selectivity for Ca2+ ions. CA 1001 determines Ca2+ activity in membrane electrodes and is utilized for transport studies in biological membranes. To put it simply: these small are small, calcium-specific molecules that can carry ions across membranes. Are there alternative names for this ionophore?
- CA 1001
- Calcium Ionophore
- Calcium ionophore I
- ETH 1001
- CAS 58801-34-6
- ethyl 12-[[2-[(2R,3R)-3-[2-[(12-ethoxy-12-oxododecyl)-methylamino]-2-oxoethoxy]butan-2-yl]oxyacetyl]-methylamino]dodecanoate
- 1,34-diethyl ester, 13,17R,18R,22-tetramethyl-14,21-dioxo-16,19-dioxa-13,22-diazatetratriacontanedioic acid
- (−)-(R,R)-N,N′-Bis-[11-(ethoxycarbonyl)undecyl]-N,N′,4,5-tetramethyl-3,6-dioxaoctane-diamide, Diethyl N,N′-[(4R,5R)-4,5-dimethyl-1,8-dioxo-3,6-dioxaoctamethylene]bis(12-methylaminododecanoate)
What is the chemical formula? C38H72N2O8 What is the molecular weight of CA 1001? 685 Daltons Is CA 1001 soluble? This ionophore is soluble in DMSO as well as ethanol. What are the recommended storage and handing instructions? Calcium ionophore I should be stored in a tightly sealed vial and kept dry at -20°C. Handle in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety practice. What is the Mechanism of Action? Ionophores act by binding to and transporting specific ions across biological membranes. These types of chemicals have both a hydrophilic and hydrophobic portion, essentially dissolving and reappearing on the other side of an otherwise impermeable membrane. CA 1001 is designed specifically to transport calcium ions. CA 1001 has a high selectivity, allowing it to detect Ca2+ activity in membrane electrodes, making it a great option for use in medical devices and studies on calcium transport. What are the applications of CA 1001? Calcium ionophores are used in microelectrodes, medical devices and in scientific research. This includes research on male infertility treatments and the development of diagnostic testing for diabetes. Read more about the applications of CA 1001 in medical devices!
- Used in the laboratory as an artificial calcium ion carrier that transports ions across a membrane
- Acts as a fill solution in conductivity meters, specifically those used to detect calcium levels
- Ion-Selective Electrodes (ISE)
What does this product look like? AG Scientific's Calcium Ionophore I is supplied as a tan, highly viscous oil.
- Calcium Ionophore CA 1001: Applications in Medical Devices
- Ionophores: Ion Carriers and Channels for Membrane Transport
- Polyether Ionophore Antibiotics