Blue-Separopore® 4B-CL is Cibacron™ Blue F3G-A covalently attached to the Separopore® 4B-CL matrix by the triazine coupling method. The structure of the blue dye makes it a very versatile tool for separating many proteins, e.g. albumin, interferon, lipoproteins and blood coagulation factors. It also binds several enzymes including kinases, dehydrogenases, and most enzymes requiring adenyl-containing cofactors e.g. NAD+. The highly cross-linked matrix provides a stable, rigid medium.
Blue-Separopore® 4B-CL is a dye-ligand affinity matrix for purification of albumin, enzymes (including NAD+ and NADP+), coagulation factors, interferons and related proteins. The ligand, Cibacron Blue F3G-A, is covalently coupled to Separopore® 4B-CL via chlorotriazine ring. Due to a broad spectrum of the affinity, this product can be used as a general purpose protein purification tool often used for the removal of BSA from serum for the enrichment of less abundant proteins.
- Ligand: Cibacron Blue F3G-A
- Matrix: Separopore® 4B-CL (crosslinked agarose beads, 4%)
- Particle size range: 52 – 165 µm
- Matrix activation: Triazine coupling
- Ligand density: 2 – 6 µmol Cibacron blue F3G-A / ml drained gel
- Binding capacity: ~15 mg bovine serum albumin / ml drained gel
- pH stability: 3 – 13
- Storage: 2 – 8 °C
- Supplied as 50% slurry in 0.5M NaCl containing 0.02% thimerosal
Research or further manufacturing use only, not for food or drug use.