Calmodulin-Separopore® 4B is used for affinity purification of calmodulin-binding proteins including calmodulin-regulated proteins in eukaryotic cells and recombinant proteins containing calmodulin-binding peptide fusion tag. Calmodulin binds proteins principally through their interactions with hydrophobic sites on its surface. These sites are exposed after a conformational change induced by the action of Ca2+ on separate Ca2+-binding site. The binding of enzymes may be enhanced if the enzyme substrate is present and enzyme substrate calmoldulin-Ca2+ complexes are particularly stable.
- Ligand: Calmodulin (Bovine)
- Matrix: Separopore® 4B (agarose beads, 4 %)
- Particle size range: 52 – 165 µm
- Molecular weight range: 6 x 104 - 2 x 107
- Matrix activation: Cyanogen bromide
- Ligand density: ~ 1 mg calmodulin / ml drained gel
- Matrix attachment: Amino
- Matrix spacer: 1 atom
- pH stability: 4 – 9
- Storage: 2 – 8 °C
- Chemical stability: Stable to all commonly used aqueous solutions
- Physical stability: Negligible volume variation due to changes in pH or ionic strength
- Supplied as suspension in 0.5M NaCl containing 0.02% thimerosal
Research or further manufacturing use only, not for food or drug use.